Thursday, July 28, 2011

Size doesn't ALWAYS matter!

Yesterday was our 30 week, sonogram appointment!! I was excited, but nervous going into this appointment. For those of you that see me often, my belly isn't exactly huge, and I hear it all of the time!!  I was super anxious because I wanted to see if Azlynn was on track or not. With all of the problems that I have experienced, I don't want it effecting my little angel at all. I gained a pound, and the doctor told me my belly was measuring just fine, she said it was average- a little on the small side, but still average!!! :) My Mom (who went with me) and Blaine still were not convinced, and all I wanted was to go into the sonogram, and Ms. Azlynn be healthy and on track.
 I am so happy to report, she is doing GREAT! She weighs around 3lbs. 6 ounces right now, and that is perfect for where we are at in this pregnancy. The doctor checked her kidney's, because that is one of the important organs that is suppose to be growing and functioning at this point. We saw her heart beating away, her brain (which is quite big) :), and then she measured her body, head, and again checked her "girl parts" for all those horror stories people have been telling us, and yes, she is still a GIRL! The sonograms are always an amazing experience, and make me cry every time. Her little face is so beautiful, and I am more excited than ever for my little girl to be here!
 Here is a profile picture, and that little foot is felt quite often in my ribs and sides!!
 Another profile picture, this time her little hand by her mouth.... thumb sucker like her Mama??
 This is her face.... you can see the left side really good.
 My FAVORITE Sono Picture. This would be looking up at her mouth and nose. You can see her little tongue sticking out!!! And look at those cheeks! :)
  Her little feet!!

An Update on Nursery:
I was so happy that before I got sick, I finished painting the nursery. The next step was the floor, so Blaine and I went and picked out new- SUPER SOFT carpet!! My Parents bought Azlynn's bed, which is really cool because it is a convertible bed. It goes from a crib, to a toddler's bed, to a full size bed!! Blaine's Parents helped us purchase her dresser/changing table. The furniture is all put together and is beautiful! Blaine and I went and purchased the recliner for her room this week.  There was some drama with her bedding.... the one I had picked out originally was on back order and was suppose to be in by the end of July.... it is the end of July and still no bedding. I contacted the company and they said that it still isn't in, and they are hoping for the end of AUGUST.  I was furious and to say the least, I cancelled my order, but then it was starting over from square one on which bedding to get, but even worse, one that would match the walls!!! I found it, and I think I like this set even more! :) It will be here in 2 weeks. Everything happens for a reason! :)
http://www.cocalo.com/item.asp?id=534&brand=6&g=&coll=&cat=1


An Update on Mommy:
  So after our week long hospital visit, I am doing much better. There are definitely still bad days where my kidney just hurts so badly. But I try to stay as busy as possible, to keep my mind off of the situation. I go back August 5th to get my nuphrostomy tube changed out for the 3rd time. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.tour2india4health.com/pic/Nephrostomy.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.tour2india4health.com/nephrostomy-surgery-india.htm&usg=__5xzmgwMdRN9UjbGjFA-e1ltKSqU=&h=470&w=354&sz=72&hl=en&start=4&zoom=1&itbs=1&tbnid=IRM3BNF8nRBbeM:&tbnh=129&tbnw=97&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dnephrostomy%2Btube%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26rlz%3D1T4ADFA_enUS346US350%26biw%3D1259%26bih%3D493%26tbm%3Disch%26prmd%3Divns&ei=bKAxToXhBqXm0QHOqp3qCw   Because of the bacteria that is in my kidney (grows very thick and slimy), the doctors are requiring me to get it changed out monthly, so the bacteria doesn't clog the tube up.
 I took the gestational diabetes test, and that came back negative... but I am anemic and now take Iron supplements.
  Come on 39 Weeks!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment