Monday, June 20, 2011

It's a Girl!

My last post was at 4 months and now I am well into being 6 months pregnant (25 weeks)! I will get better with this Blog- I swear!! :)
  As you all have heard- we are having a baby girl. This was a huge surprise for me! I had done the Chinese Calendar = Boy, my Mother-in-Law bought an intelligender test = Boy, and I am married to an "Akin" and the "boy" sperm seem to be dominant within the family- so to say the least, I had 100% psyched myself out- it was GOING TO BE A BOY.
 The day of our doctor appointment- both Blaine and I were like little kids. We had the first appointment of the day- and we basically ran into the hospital, so excited to see our little one on the big screen, and of course, the little factor of finding out the gender of our baby. The technology has come pretty far to say the least. The sonograms are so clear, and to make it even easier for the "Mom and Dad" to see, they have the entire process on the big flat screen t.v.  in the room. This was such an emotional appointment- the doctor started out and counted all of her fingers and toes- 10 each! She showed us all of her vital organs- and showed all were there and perfect. We saw two legs, two arms, a perfect little head- no cleft lip. The whole time she is going through the check list of our healthy baby- Blaine is at the t.v. trying to point out some type of gender give away! During the sonogram we saw her bring her little hand to her mouth (as if she was sucking her thumb), she was a super active baby- moving her little legs a lot! And then at the very end of the appointment- as Blaine is about to go crazy- the doctor finally reveals her "girl parts"! I couldn't believe it! I start crying instantly, and the first words that come out of my mouth, are "how sure are you"?  The expression on Blaine's face was priceless- he let out a huge laugh and clapped, his comment "she's going to be Daddy's Little Girl".  The doctor assured us, she was 99.9% sure it was a girl, and our first stop after the appointment- was North Star mall, the launch of our little girls Closet began!! Here are some of her pictures!!! :)

 Her little hand right next to her mouth!!!
 I think she is going to have Blaine's legs.... which I have always wanted- over my thunder thighs!!
 These are her little feet!!
Her precious little profile agian!! :)

  NAME????  Azlynn Claire Akin.  We have had a first name for a girl, picked out for over a year! Blaine and I went to the Ritz Carleton, Dove Mountain Golf Resort last spring break. We met a young couple at dinner one night, and they had an adorable little girl. We started talking with them, and when they told us her name- both Blaine and I knew- if we ever had a little girl, she would take on the name of Azlynn.
  This pregnancy has truly been wonderful- I have not been sick, I feel good (besides the weight gain), and I am more ready than ever to be a Mom!  I haven't had any crazy cravings yet- I LOVE pickles, and the one food that I request as my dinner quite often is a hamburger. I can feel and now see movement- which is so super cool! She moves around A LOT, especially after I work out or swim!
  The construction of her room is underway. I have finished painting and we are currently waiting on the carpet to be installed. Once the carpet is in, the next phase will be her furniture. My Mom & Dad are buying her crib, and Charlin and Banks are buying the dresser. I have ordered her bedding, and here is a picture of it! My goal is to have her room 100% finished by the time I go back to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment