Thursday, March 31, 2011

Where our Story Begins

I can't believe that it has already been almost a year, since Blaine and I started our life together as husband and wife. So much has gone on, in such a short amount of time!
  Blaine still has his oil company with life-long friend Kyle Cooper, and "A& C Oil" is doing great! On top of this, Blaine has recently went to work for EOG Resources, where he has formed another company, "Akin Gauging", and is working as an independent oil producer. This job definitely keeps Blaine extremely busy- and some days I know he is 100% exhausted and would like to go back to his old lifestyle, but he is working so hard, to give us and our soon to be family, the perfect life! I don't know what I would do with out this man, and I thank God every single day- for blessing me with such a wonderful person!  
  I have almost reached the finish line, in my 3rd year teaching at La Vernia Jr. High. I am still teaching 8th Grade Pre-Algebra & 7th Grade Pre-AP Math,but I must say, that this has been one of my most trying years as a teacher. Ultimately, I love my job, and can't imagine doing anything different, (except: maybe a stay-at-home Mom...... one of these days- wink).
  In August, 2010- Blaine and I purchased our first home together. It was an older house, that needed some major improvements, but after a lot of hard work and sweat- it has turned out pretty nice. There are still major things that need to be done, like landscaping, and painting the exterior.... but for what we have accomplished.... I couldn't be more excited and pleased with the improvements.  I will post some before and after pictures below! It's pretty amazing!
  Another very important part of our life- is our dog Caesar! He is an English bulldog, and we purchased him in July, 2010. Caesar is the best dog ever!! He has such a sense of humor, and just looking at this cheerful dog- can turn any one's day around. He is great with children and he is loved by many- including his cousin's, Cade and Callie. We love calling the kids- just to check in and see what hilarious story Callie can share with us for the day... and guaranteed, the first words to come out of her mouth are, "Where's Caesar??"

  I have to say, with so many great things going on in 2010-2011, I didn't think life could get much better. Then, to my amazement it did. In the middle of January, Blaine and I found out we were going to be adding a member to our family.... and no, I am not talking a companion for Caesar- but a little BABY AKIN!!!!! We were ecstatic when we found out the great news. I am currently 13 weeks along, and will be going back to my doctor in the middle of April for another check-up on our little-boy.... or girl?? :) 
Hopefully now, I can keep everyone posted on the pregnancy, and then of course, when our miracle arrives... keep all family and friends, who live near and far, updated on everything!




Here are those Before.... & After pictures of the House!
                                                   Kitchen- Before
                                                   Kitchen- After!!

                                                    Living Room- Before
                                          Living Room- After!!
                                          Master Bedroom- Before
                                          Master Bedroom- After!!
                                          My "Closet" Room- Before
                                         My "Closet" Room- After!!

No comments:

Post a Comment